Click here to subscribe to WCA e-list.
To email us: email@example.com.
Model motion for union branches.
SAVE VESTAS / WORKERS CLIMATE ACTION SOLIDARITY
This branch notes:
1. The IPCC report that argues we need at least an 80% global reduction in CO2 emissions by 2050 if we are to avoid irreversible climate change.
2. The recent factory occupation at Vestas Blades UK, the only wind turbine factory in the UK, where 625 jobs are at risk.
3. The ongoing campaign at Vestas, including a 24hr picket demanding that the government nationalises the factory.
4. The role of the Workers’ Climate Action network in organising and supporting the occupation and promoting the ideas of “worker-led just transition” in the labour and environmental movements.
This branch believes:
1. That climate change is a class issue. Working class people and the poor will be most affected by climate change.
2. That working class people have the power to stop climate change, by stopping production in environmentally destructive industries and using our skills in socially-useful, ecological production i.e. a “worker-led just transition”
3. That victory for the Vestas workers is vital for both the trade union campaign to defend jobs in the crisis, and for building a working-class ecological movement that can push forward this “just transition”
4. That solidarity is the only way to break through the short-term sectionalism of trade unionists in environmentally destructive industries, e.g. Unite’s official support for the third runway at Heathrow.
This branch resolves:
1. To donate £___ to the Save Vestas Campaign (details on http://www.savevestas.wordpress.com)
2. To donate £___ to Workers Climate Action/affiliate to the campaign and to send delegates to their conference on 24th October(www.workersclimateaction.wordpress.com)
3. To set up a “Green Working Group” that can establish ways to green the workplace.
Next meeting is on 20th August, 7:30pm, at the Bread and Roses Pub, Clapham where activists from WCA will be speaking at a public meeting organised by Battersea and Wandsworth TUC.
Organising meeting will take place afterwards.
ALSO – Vestas London Supporters Meeting – Wednesday 19th August 7:30pm Lucas Arms
Waow loved reading your article. I added your feed to my reader.
what is planned for the redundancies at the cadburys factory in bristol? i believe this is one of the best opportunities to protect these workers jobs and raise the issue to the public, as it will gain huge public attention.
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.